Note for Tannille followers:
A quick reassurance that this post doesn’t feature my fiction and is a rarity. Thank you for your support! Read on to find out about me, the writer.
Huge shout out to fellow writer Tina Stewart Brakebill for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Thanks Tina, it was an awesome surprise. Strangely Word Press sent it to junk – the horror. I must admit, I found the rules a tad intimidating…
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!
- Make up to 11 questions and ask them to your nominees.
- Notify your 11 nominees.
11 FACTS ABOUT TANNILLE
- As a writer I value freedom of speech, the arm of freedom of expression.
- Hypocrisy in any form drives me bonkers.
- I tend to learn and create by looking at the big picture and funnelling down.
- Psychology fascinates me.
- I’m a tarot reader. For the most part I use decks as a creative writing tool. Cards also good for diving into psychology and journaling. Fortune telling isn’t my thing but fun every now and then.
- Thunder and lightning give me a natural high.
- Humour pulls me through life. I love to laugh, especially at things I shouldn’t…
- I read way too much Sweet Valley during my formative years. But hey at least I read and have a grasp of outrageous plot lines.
- Paranormal Romance is my guilty pleasure – no pun intended. FYI, no porn on this site. My writing leans more towards Urban Fantasy. Although sex sells… hmm maybe I should reconsider…
- I love to crank up music and lose myself. Mostly rock and new wave.
- Want to know more? Look up INFJ personality type. The descriptions fit amazingly well.
QUESTIONS FROM TINA
Do you adhere to a writing schedule or do you write only when inspired?
A: When I was younger I use to wait to be inspired. At some point I acknowledged I have one lazy muse and routine is better for productivity, 99% of the time it’s the inital start that is the struggle. Typically I blog during the day and work on my novel series at night.
Where’s your favorite travel destination?
A: Where ever my mind sends me. Usually fantastical worlds.
Do you have a bucket list (as in a list of things that you want to accomplish before you die)?
A: No. Life changes. I believe in embracing opportunities and setting realistic goals.
What’s been your favorite age so far in your life? Why?
A: I love the self discovery and self acceptance that comes with age. Unfortunately, we live in a world that idealism youth and that can eat away at worth. Pros and cons to everything.
If you had to choose—would you rather have super-hot weather (average in the 90s+) or super-cold weather (average in the teens or below)?
A: Once I would have been a champion for the cold. I grew up in a desert. In my 30s, I love between temperatures (my medical condition turns my muscles to jelly in the heat and cramps in the cold). My favourite is a sunny winter’s day and soaking up the rays (temperature about 20c).
What’s your favorite thing about writing your blog?
A: The likes stroke my ego and encourages the muse. You can read many flash fiction stories about my “colourful” muse under the muse tag. She’s very vocal.
Do your friends and family read your blog regularly?
A: Only my mum. Others just aren’t interested. That’s ok. The idea is to find an audience.
Sweet or salty?
A: Sweet! Rediculously sweet. Borderline vomit sweet.
What’s the best job you’ve ever had?
A: For the better part of a decade, I have been facilitating local writing groups (status: in hiatus, thanks virus). Watching members grow as writers is amazing. Knowledge should be shared.
Would you rather ride an elephant or feed a baby chimp?
A: Feed the baby chimp if the creature needs feeding. Not sure I believe in elephant riding. Huge animal lover. Yes, I watch cat videos on YouTube – one of those people. 😀
Did you think about not participating in this award because you didn’t want to think up eleven questions (or answer eleven questions)?
A: Hahaha yes, eleven seems a bit extreme. Answering is fine. Coming up with questions we shall see…
All of the chosen are interactive and regular Friday Fictioneers participants. There are a a number of other members I would love to include. In the end, I narrowed the list down to those who consistently support my page without fail, week in – week out, and been doing so the longest. Thank you, all of you (including the spasmodic supporters and newer supporters).
- Keith at Keith’s Ramblings
- Linda at Just Writing
- Draliman at Draliman On Life
- Nobbinmaug at NobbinBlog
- Iain at Iain Kelly
- Sandra at Castelsarrasin
- Plaridel at Musings of a Random Mind
- Dale at A Delectable Life
- Neil at Neil MacDonald Author
- CEAYR at Sound Bites
- And finally, Rochelle, without her effort there would be no Friday Fictioneers (note: her blog is called Addicted to Purple)
QUESTIONS FOR TANNILLE’S CHOSEN
- What is your overall goal for your blog?
- How often do you post? Why?
- Is this your first attempt at a blog or webpage?
- What are your interests outside of blogging?
- Are you owned by any pets?
- If non-hostile aliens came down to earth and offered take you with them when they left, would you accept the offer? (family welcome on request)
- What is your favourite genre to watch or read?
- Name one event in history you would travel back in time for?
- How do you like to relax?
- Given the chance what you tell your younger self?
- Identify a mystery you burn to know the answer to?