Flash Fiction: Baby, You Can Drive My Car

PHOTO PROMPT © Liz Young for Rochelle’s Friday Fictioneers. Other stories featuring the prompt can be found here.

Note:
This story is meant to be poking fun…

*~*

It was time for an upgrade. The old clank, a ticking bomb. A newer model would have serviced, but she wanted a new shiny box on wheels, to own the road. To hell with the fuel prices.

“It’ll look like you’re overcompensating,” warned his friend.

“I know.”

Torn between wanting to keep the peace at home and his manhood, the man bought the testosterone evaporating machine. The ride smooth. The household happy. Life good.

But, all honeymoons must end.

Confusing drive for reverse, the woman’s dream vehicle plowed through the brick wall.

His appendage shrank as predicted by his wise confidante.

55 thoughts on “Flash Fiction: Baby, You Can Drive My Car

1. Michael says:

Best that he goes back to the old clank, and listens to nature, sadly I fear that electric powered cars are also not environmentally friendly. Recycling the old batteries is a nightmare

Liked by 1 person

2. granonine says:

Had me laughing almost from the get-go. Sad, though, all this focus on electric cars. Someone’s going to have to come up with a less expensive and destructive way to recharge all those batteries.

• Nobbinmaug says:

I agree. I’ve been saying for years that cars should be solar-powered. Solar panels and fans for wind power. They could do it, but then gas and electric companies wouldn’t make as much money.

Liked by 2 people

• Tannille says:

I read the electric cars aren’t a big seller in Australia. Why would they be? 20 years ago we had one of the cheapest electricity prices in the world, now one of the most expensive. Batteries take time to charge, fuel is instant. I imagine USA is much the same, both countries rely on cars to travel distance.

Thanks L

• granonine says:

Exactly right. And those who are advocating electric cars seem to be overlooking the destruction to the earth in mining cadmium, a very important part of the batteries.

Liked by 1 person

3. pennygadd51 says:

It’s a BMW, what do you expect? If it hadn’t been possible to make out the licence plate I would have suggested that his registration was KN08HED.
    Actually, I’m impressed against my prejudices by the low level of damage the car seems to have sustained…

• Tannille says:

BMW, my how the rich live. KNO8HED perfect plate, all things considered.
      I expected huge damage to the car, the owner is very lucky. Now where are my keys, I have some scratching to do. 😀

Thanks P

• Tannille says:

Women wanting status cars is growing, in my opinion, but it seems to be for safety, space or colour reasons, rather than bloke stuff. Other people just want to get from A to B.

Thanks J !